Star wars

Movies, books and other non-gaming fun.

Moderator: shiram

Bane
Uber Nerd

Star wars

Post by Bane »

What are your opinions about it? Spoliers in spoiler tags please :)

Can't see it until after new years myself unfortunately.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Re: Star wars

Post by RoamingMadness »

spoiler tags? I couldn't find them, so I kept this spoiler-free

I have a few opinions and a lot of questions about some of the choices made in the movie. I think its probably a better movie than ROTJ, but more because of ROTJ's flaws than this movies strengths. It's hard to say much else without spoilers, but this movie really made me appreciate The Empire Strikes Back.

Overall... it just kinda bums me out that Star Wars has one of the coolest universes in media, and we really haven't seen anything but glorified fan service since Empire. I just look back on that first bar scene with Han Solo shooting his bounty hunter in cold-blood and Obi-Wan cutting off a dudes arm(because maiming is light side approved?). I haven't seen anything that beats that scene for me yet.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

fair point Roam, and I guess that is why I was surprised to see some blood in this one.
But I agree with you that they could do so much more, yet they insist on keeping the focus very narrow.
I guess for some that are not as versed in that universe, it could be a bit daunting.

Not everyone knows of Mandolorians and Krayt dragons etc...

The most recent movie was good, a redemption of sort, it looks back at the original trilogy and tries to keep the same feel, while being a very light movie, produced for a very large audience.

Also, Sith guys should be able to beat non force users in light saber duels....
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Yea I think the power level jumping around in this movie is one of many odd choices. I even think the fact that they fight again is totally unnecessary. It's not perfect, but it's watchable.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.