Boy refuses to pledge the alliance

Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!
Bane
Uber Nerd

Boy refuses to pledge the alliance

Post by Bane »

have you heard about this? I guess you have, but I found it quite interresting to see.

Click for vid
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

shiram
Uber Nerd

Re: Boy refuses to pledge the alliance

Post by shiram »

that kid makes alot of sense to me
do you guys in the USA really have to say that everyday in school?
thats kinda messed up
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

shiram wrote:that kid makes alot of sense to me
do you guys in the USA really have to say that everyday in school?
thats kinda messed up
I agree, the kid seems to really have put some thought into this. The father also seems like a reasonable man.

Heh, in my country we aren't even 'allowed' to sing the national hymn in school anymore, the fear of our "new members" (aka the immigrants and refugees) taking offence far outweighs any national pride apperently. In Sweden you are only really allowed to be Swedish when our football (soccer for you guys) or hockey teams play *sigh*

No wonder the rascism is growing, and that political parties with such opinions are gathering new blood in their ranks.. :roll: I blame the fucking media, for the last fifteen years they have done nothing else then trying their best to completely sap the national pride out of the people, calling anyone and everyone a racist every cahnce they got. Now only a handful of ppl dare to speak up against what has happened and they are, of course, called racists and neo-nazists :roll: I am neither, but as a nerd with a huge interrest in history, it hurts my soul to see what was once a nation of pride people turned into a cess pool of "multi culturality" and a complete lack of feeling 'swedish'.

'nuf ranting about my country though. I may think that saying the pledge every day seems a tad to exaggerated, but hey, it's alot better than the opposite.

Edit: what has happened in countries like denmark, austria and the netherlands might as well happen in my country next. Wouldn't surprise me at all if my country's racist party gets elected into the government, retards as they may be, they say stuff a growing part of the population likes.. :-/
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

I believe the "accepted" rule is you don't have to say it if you don't want to and can just sit quietly during.

it used to be mandatory to say the pledge at some point [i think (when i was in school i believe... not 100% sure though)]

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Its not about pledging allegiance anymore. Its about making your kids not be dumb asses who have no clue about their country. The pledge for the most part states the basic beliefs in which this country was formed.

I also hate people who don't know half the words to the national anthem. People who ask too many damn questions that shouldn't be asked when vets return home from war. Kittens.

I also hate people who think the ten commandments are about God only and how they shouldn't be posted in public places. Yeah because not killing, stealing or cheating on your significant other are things only christians should believe in.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

Crow wrote:Its not about pledging allegiance anymore. Its about making your kids not be dumb asses who have no clue about their country. The pledge for the most part states the basic beliefs in which this country was formed.
it seems to me the values conveyed could be learned in a different way than by constant repitition of that pledge
and it might not be forced on those kids, but they dont know they can just not do it, for it to make the news that one kid didnt want to do it, it must be quite widespread practice to say the pledge

i dunno it still seems like indoctrination
as for national anthems, either you learned them in school, or you gotta like sports to know them :twisted:
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

I also hate people who think the ten commandments are about God only and how they shouldn't be posted in public places. Yeah because not killing, stealing or cheating on your significant other are things only christians should believe in.
I hate people who need a list of commandments to know not to kill and steal; then feel the need to patronise the rest of us for having common sense.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.