To All Ya'll who ever screamed about the Patriot Act...

Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Sorry, I just don't care about the opinion of a right wing nut who is a commentator on Fox News and fills in for Bill O'Reilly.....

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Ya, that certainly disposes of the facts in the case, doesn't it?
Old Man.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Yeah, pretty much

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Ok, well how about this? Denial is the first sign, btw...

http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_ ... ml?sid=101

Whether she's a hack or not, you should at least understand her point. All the guy did was ask Obama a legitimate question that Obama hosed big time by being honest. So, the libs have to destroy him. If you'd read the article, you'd have understood that the only privacy rights the ACLU seems interested in is those of liberals...
Old Man.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

You really want an answer on this, ok you got it...

It's not that I didn't get her point, it's that you (and even more so Michelle Malkin) are just trying to invent a controversy. I mean, I get it, you want us all to be appalled that the ACLU isn't stepping in to help Joe the Plumber, when I don't see why you assume they would. Frankly I don't see why the ACLU would do anything here, they typically help individuals fight unfair actions by government agencies like a police department or school district when there is nobody else to help correct the situation. On the other hand these things were done by several different people, some of whom are already in trouble for it, so the ACLU doesn't need to help.

If you want everyone to believe that this was the action of Obama then I guess you would have to actually have some proof of that, I mean she states in the article that...
Toledo police records clerk Julie McConnell has been charged with gross misconduct for accessing the Law Enforcement Automated Data System to retrieve Wurzelbacher’s address. She reportedly did it as a favor to a reporter. (so this was done by an individual who "Joe" could sue or fight without the ACLU, and she is already in trouble for it so they don't need to help with that, and she gives no connection to Obama from this person)
And at best...
The Columbus Dispatch identified Helen Jones-Kelley, director of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, as one of the dirt-diggers. She also happens to support Barack Obama and contributed the maximum amount to his presidential campaign.
So an Obama supporter (not anyone who works on his campaign mind you) took it upon herself to do something she shouldn't have, which Joe could also fight if he chose, so I'm not sure what you want the ACLU to do, or how this relates to the Patriot Act for that matter....

Other than that one being an "Obama Supporter" she gives absolutely no proof, not even an ounce, that this had anything to do with the Obama people, but that doesn't stop her from claiming that it is the work of freelance members of the "Obama Goon Squad" (which by saying "freelance" she is obviously suggesting that they were paid or at least asked to do this by Obama's people) So that's why I have no respect for anything she said, because no real reporter should ever, with absolutely no evidence, make statement like this. She clearly has no journalistic integrity....

But my point in not responding at first was.... who cares? I think there are bigger issues to worry about than whether or not the ACLU should help "Joe the Plumber."

By the way, the ACLU was not even mentioned in the second article, and just in case you really believe that the ACLU only helps liberals....

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A96E948260

http://www.aclu-nj.org/news/aclunjwinsr ... candid.htm

http://crnation.com/2007/11/27/aclu-sid ... ntroversy/

Those three are just from the first page of an "ACLU republican" google search. The republican opinion of the ACLU is just like their opinion of the media, if someone doesn't support their opinion 100% of the time they label the entire entity as "Liberal" even when they might help them or talk good about them just as much... Which causes many republicans to refuse the help of the ACLU, which further makes it appear that they are a "Liberal" organization....

The reason the ACLU probably doesn't respond to this Michelle person is that they know her to be someone who is attempting to make them look bad, so why would they do her the favor of doing an interview so she can just turn around and bash everything they say, that would be a stupid thing to do....

So if you are trying to question why "the ACLU" or "liberals" are not appalled by this but they were by the Patriot Act, it's because the Patriot Act took away many privacy rights to all Americans, and this is a few people abusing their power to look up info on one guy, so there really is no comparison here, I mean you are trying to compare the raping of all Americans privacy by the Federal Government to a few office workers inappropriately looking up records on one guy, seroiusly come on Mikey......

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

the ACLU is one of the most important organizations in the country.

Like them or hate them, they make sure laws aren't passed to limit our freedoms. And they make sure if the laws passed, that someone is there to fight against the injustices

Patriot act is still Total Bullshit.