Debates and such

Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!
Kadian
Jedi

Debates and such

Post by Kadian »

So after the first two debates nobody seems impressed with either performance, which I guess isn't a surprise anymore. I think tonight's debate went better than expected for Palin as did the first debate for Obama... We will see how it effects the polls in the next few days...

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
I found this site to track current polls, which I found because I was trying to find an independent source of info, not just the "liberal media" or Fox News "aka-the republican media." It shows the same as most polls though, an increase for Obama at the moment.... but that could change, it's still early enough. I think one thing is clear to me, there will be no 60/40 landslide as someone has predicted...*cough roam cough*

I have no very strong opinions about the candidates personally, but that kind of makes it fun to sit back and watch the process.... Republicans are trying to show their support for a candidate which they first rejected (except for the hard cores like Mikey who sticks by his opinion of McCain) and Democrats are trying to support a candidate which they aren't sure of because he is so new (except the hard cores again)... along with many other issues which we will probably discuss.
Last edited by Kadian on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Early indication is again that Obama won, as it showed in the first two debates..... so what do you think?

I say whether or not he "won" the debate McCain did not do enough to make up for how far behind he is in the polls.... (or you could say that Obama did not "screw up" bad enough to blow his lead)

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

I think one thing is clear to me, there will be no 60/40 landslide as someone has predicted...*cough roam cough*
You're never been to the track have you?

Long race.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

RoamingMadness wrote:
I think one thing is clear to me, there will be no 60/40 landslide as someone has predicted...*cough roam cough*
You're never been to the track have you?

Long race.
If McCain wins by a 60/40 margin I will literally eat my hat.... literally, I will. If anything there will be a 60/40 win for Obama as of now... For McCain to win by a 60/40 landslide Obama would have to seriously not only put his foot in his mouth, but stick most of his leg down his throat as well.... After this debate that went just as well for Obama as the rest, he can now sit back and play some positive ad's without worry about hurting himself, so there is very little chance of a problem for him, unless some huge issue comes up that hurts him badly....

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

its a brewers hat btw.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina