Simple question

Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!
RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Simple question

Post by RoamingMadness »

That pretty much anyone can answer...

I should be able to sell my vote for cash if I feel like it? Discuss!
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

to anyone or just Americans?
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i'd say that would be called a bribe
beyond that i dont know the USA laws on such thing
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

to anyone
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

I believe that is considered fraud.....

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

I'm not asking the legality of it, im asking..

Should you be allowed to sell your vote?
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

I say no, because rich corporations already can write laws as it is by buying politicians, the last thing we need is Exxon Mobil giving us a $50 gas card in exchange for voting for the guy they have running for President. I think people are dumb enough to do it too, the majority of people unfortunately don't carefully consider their actions, they will only think of what they will gain on the deal in the short run. It would cause nothing more than greater greed and corruption in this country, and as far as I'm concerned we are already on the edge of a major meltdown because of that.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Seriously guys, can't you see the very essence of Roams question? It's about democracy!

Democracy gives you, the individual, the ability to choose who you want to run the country, and he/she/they who gets the more votes - win. If it is indeed a democracy, and a FREE country, the nyou should be able to vote on whoever you want, for whatever reason you want, right?

But what if that reason is cash, and your own personal wealth? what if you get paid to vote for a racist, or a anti-environment dude, or a homosexual, or whatever? Isn't it ultimetely your choice to sell your vote if you want to?

I'd say no though. I completely respect the freedom that our countries have, but when it comes to voting in a democracy, the voting should be done to reflect the personal views and idiology of the voter, not by motivation by cash.

Personally I'm not fore a democracy, I'd rather see my country run by an elite than by democratically chosen people. I'm also fore a complete market driven societey, let the market decide everything. I am though, fore a governmental driven justice, school and health care system and this demands to NOT let the market competely decide over those things.

So, to conclude, in our current system, where idiology is origo, then I say no to selling votes with the penalty of death(joke) but if the society was run in the way I want it to, by an elite and by market forces, then voting would be meaningless and thus this very question looses its meaning.

I may be rambling somewhat, but because I have worked my first week on my new job, I'äm celebrating by drinking some wine, so my spelling and grammar may be hampered somewhat, heh.. Cheers!
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

i don't believe its wrong, but i don't consider prostitution a bad thing either, and thats basically what your doing, whoring yourself to the highest bidder.

but you should be able to and probably can do so. Not like anyone will really be able to know if you actually voted as paid for, since all voting is completely private.

so if your trying to buy votes, i'll sell you mine... but i can't give proof of my voting :)