Politics

Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!
Kadian
Jedi

Politics

Post by Kadian »

Seems like everyone wanted back their place to spout off their political opinions, so here it is. This might be temporary if it creates too many fights, but I think it will be worth having at least during the U.S. election season. Feel free to discuss the politics of other countries and world events as well, it doesn't need to be just about the U.S. in here.....

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Lets discuss swedish politics! I think I'm not the only one who's interrested in that?

..or not. ;)
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Ok, you start... :P

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Heh, it would have been a very one-sided debate, hehe..

So what about obama/clinton, who do you want to see win the primaries and become the representative for the democrats?

Do you think the loser will openly, right efter his/her defeat, support the winner in the real election against the republicans? This has been debated to some degree here in sweden as well.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

The loser will support the party. And it doesn't matter who wins. McCain has already won this election. He won it the moment he said he was running in my opinion. And to be honest, ive already had enough of both democrats.

So long as McCain doesn't do anything crazy stupid, you almost have to stay with him. Hes got the longest record, most experience, hes closer to the middle, in terms of getting things moving in the country.

It'll probably be Obama Vs McCain, with a McCain landslide. Somewhere in the 60% to 40% area. Unless of course, McCain does something insane between now and november.

I really dont see much to discuss. This election wont be nearly as heated. Obama will resign the campaign hours before all the votes are in, thats how big of a landslide i predict.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

RoamingMadness wrote:The loser will support the party. And it doesn't matter who wins. McCain has already won this election. He won it the moment he said he was running in my opinion. And to be honest, ive already had enough of both democrats.

So long as McCain doesn't do anything crazy stupid, you almost have to stay with him. Hes got the longest record, most experience, hes closer to the middle, in terms of getting things moving in the country.

It'll probably be Obama Vs McCain, with a McCain landslide. Somewhere in the 60% to 40% area. Unless of course, McCain does something insane between now and november.

I really dont see much to discuss. This election wont be nearly as heated. Obama will resign the campaign hours before all the votes are in, thats how big of a landslide i predict.
I actually agree here.
My own opinions on the matter; Obama scares me =<
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

That's wierd actually. The news I've read always predict that Obama will most likely win VS cain. Not that I can predict the outcome myself, but it seems wierd that you guys predict a land slide victory for cain but teh press I've read says the opposite.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

i think McCain should win, but i don't think he will anymore, his politically ideologies changed a lot after he won the primaries, instead of his own viewpoints everything flip-flopped (teehee) to the opposite, now his view match that of Bush's just in an attempt to grab more voters, but i think will hurt him overall in the polls.

i don't like any of the candidates, i hate hillary, i dislike obama, and now i dislike mccain after his 180 in terms of his political outlook or whatever.

liked mccain last year but now meh, i hate all the candidates, probably another election i won't be voting in.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Not retracting my stance, but id say completely changing your political views, and choosing a crazy woman with no experience to run the country if you die certainly qualifies as insane.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.